Social Media and RestaurantsSocial media is the fastest way to spread the word about your restaurant. It’s important to have a social media presence if you want your business to survive!
Top 4 Ways To Use Social Media In Your RestaurantIf you’re looking for an easy way to market yourself and reach your target audience – social media is the way to do it! Customers are constantly scrolling through their social media feeds, whether it’s over dinner or on a break. Posts just need to be short, include a visual, and use a hashtag or two to spread the word. Using social media helps put your restaurant front and center to your potential customers. We’ve put together this list of 4 ways to help you use social media in your restaurant to boost customer loyalty, sales, and more! Overlooking social media as a marketing tool is a big mistake – and can cost you customers so be sure to read on!
1. Behind the ScenesPeople love to see behind the scenes of anything (why do you think extended editions of movies have special behind the scenes features!) Taking a few snaps of your kitchen, interview one of your chefs, bartenders, or waiters, and blogging about the influence of your food can attract customer attention. You can also host ‘takeovers’ where you let one of your staff tweet or post for a day about their job and what they do. This develops trust with your customers as well as they feel you are being more transparent about your business and restaurant practices.
2. Menu RecommendationsPosting new or special menu item sneak peeks has worked wonders for large chain restaurants like Starbucks and Burger King. Special limited runs of food can increase repeat customers who don’t want to miss out. This is great to do around holidays, special weeks in the summer, or even out of the blue to surprise customers with an unexpected treat! Also, recommending particular regular foods on your menu can get you shares by already loyal customers and attract new customers to your restaurant. Balancing between recommending new and exciting foods and tried and true classics is key. This way new customers will grow to understand your normal menu easily, and your old customers will be intrigued by newer menu items.
3. Be A Part Of The CommunityIs there a local college your team members went to? Are there food, music, and heritage festivals? Use social media to advertise your presence at or supporting these events! Other ideas include supporting local high school band or theater programs, holding fundraisers for pet shelters, or hosting or sponsoring local arts groups and podcasts. People scrolling through their feeds will notice you supporting various groups and may visit your restaurant since you are helping their cause! There is also a chance your restaurant could become a local hangout for different groups of people and increase your business. Fundraising in particular is great as some customers will be eager to come in just to support their charity.
4. Customer ContentThis is a biggie, particularly for high volume independent restaurants. Find a hashtag that you can use just for your restaurant and put it on menus, table ads, and posters. Encourage customers to take photos and tag them with that hashtag! Not only is this a great way to see your restaurant from your customers point of view, it’s a great way to have your customers help out with your marketing as they’re only going to share what they like and think is top notch! You can also host contests or giveaways by challenging your customers to post the best photo, memory, or vote for their favorite food. Customers like to feel involved, and social media is the easiest way to achieve this. Engaging your audience will encourage customers to be loyal to your brand! Use punch cards for a free goodie after a certain number of visits too! Foodservice Database Company offers several databases to help grow your restaurant business. We have databases for chain and high volume restaurants, as well as a database for foodservice distributors. Contact us and learn what you can do to increase your business!
You can also visit related posts through the links below :
- 3 More Trends To Watch In Food Service
- How To Avoid Restaurant Failure
- What You Need On Your Menu
- Be A Green Restaurant And Manage Food Waste
- Learn About Restaurant Layouts
- Your Restaurant and Digital Marketing
- Top 2019 Restaurant Industry Trends
- Making Your Restaurant Website
- Why Chain Restaurants?
- Top 4 Tips To Get Repeat Customers
- Restaurant Marketing Tips
- Restaurant Franchising Tips
- Getting Repeat Customers
- 3 Top Restaurant Mistakes
- Franchisors Used As A Source Of Financing! Yes, That’s Right!
- Starting Your Restaurant Franchise